Klean Sweep has been servicing the Birmingham area’s hood cleaning needs for over 15 years. Our process includes a complete top to bottom approach, starting at the fan, carrying on through the vent stack and finishing with the hood. We are conscientious of our clients equipment, taking care to protect all aspects of the engine that runs their business.
Kitchen Hood Exhaust System
Consistent maintenance of the kitchen hood exhaust system in your restaurant or facility remains one of the primary defenses against fire hazards. Regularly performed, professional cleaning of the kitchen exhaust system has the following additional benefits:
• Minimized product contamination
• Improved health standards
• Enhanced public image
• Improved ventilation for smoke and odor removal
• Compliance with local and national fire and health codes
• Improved government ratings
• Increased energy savings
• Enhanced working environment for kitchen staff
Our established cleaning methods remove the grease and flammable residues from the interior surfaces of the hood, filters, duct work and exhaust fans ensuring compliance with all applicable municipal, state and NFPA codes. Upon completion of the cleaning process, a Proof of Performance decal is posted on the hood canopy in plain view of the Fire Marshall, Department of Health or Insurance Agent.
Our professional scope of work involves cleaning all components and ductwork in the kitchen exhaust system for proper maintenance and to prevent fires. Furthermore, by cleaning the entire system, we are able to check for possible system blockage, and visually verify that the louver and dampers are working properly.
CLEANING OF KITCHEN EXHAUST SYSTEMS:
Includes the filter plenum, and the interior of ductwork to and including the exhaust fan located on the roof.
- Remove filters, scrape and wash plenum walls, filter frames and fire suppression equipment (not including the fusible links and trigger mechanisms).
- Scrape and/or brush the interior surfaces of all accessible horizontal and vertical ductwork
- Wash all fan blades, interior and exterior of fan housing and drip pans using steam and specialized degreasing agents.
- Louvers and dampers shall be cleaned. If dampers must be moved to ensure complete cleaning, they will be marked and returned to their original position to prevent unbalancing the system.
- Replace filters to their original position.